A beautiful Japanese chef's knife and the smallest of the gyutos in this range. With amazing looks and performance, this is an essential addition to any kitchen and will become one of your most used knives.
- Blade Length: 181mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 326mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 41mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 120 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1706
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda (Formerly Katsushige Anryu)
The Kumo range has been made for many years by master blacksmith Anryu san but with his retirement at the start of 2021, production of this line has passed to his nephew, former apprentice and highly skilled blacksmith Takumi Ikeda who continues to make the knives in the same way.