One of the most coveted knives around, the KS from Masamoto is famous for its exceptional blade quality and sharpness.
Please note that this knife does not include a saya.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 221mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 373mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 47.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.63mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 143 grams
- Core Steel: White #2 or Swedish
- Cladding Steel: White #2 or Swedish
- Hardness: 62-63 (White #2) or 60 (Swedish) (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D shaped ho wood with blonde/black ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MASAM-002-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
For over 150 years Masamoto Knives have been making the highest quality cutlery and are the number one sushi knife maker in Japan. They are the choice of many professionals and amateur chefs due to their quality and craftsmanship.