Crafted one at a time in Mr Ishikawa's workshop in small quantities using traditional techniques, the right handed single bevel nakiri is obviously not for everyone but does offer precise cutting and impressive edge retention.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 181mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 322mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 54.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4.91mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 182 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D-shaped magnolia
- Left or Right handed: Right only (Single Bevel)
Product SKU: ISHI-007
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Mr Ishikawa specialises in single bevel blades which he forges entirely by hand one at a time using what is known as the Nakaniida process which involves a mixture of cold and hot forging with the aim to improve the hardness of the steel being worked.