Forged in the workshop of Shigeki Tanaka the migaki finish tapers all the way down to the cutting edge and highlights the kanji on both sides of the blade beautifully.
- Blade Length: 240mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8103
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.