Shibata san designed this knife to be slightly different to the rest of the Iron Clad range, there is a lot more belly on the knife than the others mainly towards the front with a slightly more pronounced point.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 199mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 338mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 47.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 139 grams
- Core Steel: R2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octgonal rosewood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1653
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his ranges are famed for the quality of sharpness and finish.