The largest of the gyutos in this range this is a beast of a knife!
Light as a feather and with a distinctive carbon blade this knife is a delight to use as well as to look at.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 274mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 430mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 55mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.7mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 215 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal cherry wood with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1608
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).