This mid-sized kiritsuke gyuto with its subtle sweeping belly and k-tip shape for intricate work gives you a lot of versatility in a well finished and excellent value all round package.
- Blade Length: 212mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 352mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 45.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.97mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.01mm (Measured halfway along spine) 0.64mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 147 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Cherry with various bolster colours
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MUN-015-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Founded in 1955 by second generation knife maker Hirotaka Muneishi and now run by Kosuke Muneishi - a third generation blacksmith who forges and creates all the knives himself, Muneishi knives have a reputation for impressive quality and specialising in aogami steels at a very accessible price point.