A superb example of design and performance in this nimble gyuto from Tanaka san, the layering in the steel and balance of the blade are excellent and this would undoubtedly be a fine choice in any kitchen.
- Blade Length: 183mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 326mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.25mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 127 grams
- Core Steel: R2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak and black buffalo as standard. Also available with assorted custom and limited edition handles
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8506
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.