A superb example of design and performance in this extremely limited mid-sized gyuto from Tanaka san, the layering in the steel and balance of the blade make paired with an excuisite full-tang stabilised maplewood handle make this both a fabulous knife and real collectors piece.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 208mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 336mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.33mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 204 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: R2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak and black buffalo as standard. Also available with custom stabilised maple custom handle
Product SKU: 8505
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
This knife has a plastic blade guard included.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.