A superb example of design and performance in the mid sized petty from Tanaka san, the layering in the steel and balance of the blade make it a very useful smaller knife for a wide range of jobs in the kitchen.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 284mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.1mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 30.75mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 66 grams
- Sharpness score: 116 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: R2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak and black buffalo
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.