A superb example of design and performance in the mid sized petty from Tanaka san, the layering in the steel and balance of the blade make it a very useful smaller knife for a wide range of jobs in the kitchen.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 284mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.1mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 30.75mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 66 grams
- Sharpness score: 116 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: R2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak and black buffalo as standard. Also available with custom stabilised maple custom handle
Product SKU: 8502
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.