Looking for a high quality and trusty sidekick for every job then this definitely fits the bill! It hits all the positive notes in a gyuto - well balanced, excellent sharpness right of the box and looks wonderful.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 214mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 364mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 45.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4.13mm (Spine width above the heel) 20.9mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.17mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 168 grams
- Core Steel: SKD
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Various
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: YOS-0038-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing and this range of knives are forged by the 4th generation head of the factory Kazuomi Yamamoto.