A super all rounder that performs well in a variety of tasks as the high polish finish helps the knife glide through food like a charm.
- Blade Length: 157mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 287mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 146 grams
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2059
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.