The bunka is a great all rounder offering good height clearance and the flatter profile is ideal for those who push cut and the k-tip is ideal for more intricate work - a very versatile knife.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 182mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 321mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.2mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 153 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Teak with black buffalo bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-057
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
These knives are made by a 3rd generation blacksmith for Hatsukokoro, due the blacksmith's other partnerships we can't list their name here .It's a blacksmith we're already familiar with and admire their work and skill gained from many years of knife making.