A tall blade shows off even more of this lightweight nakiri's wonderful shimo "frost" pattern and the thin blade will make short work of your vegetables.
- Blade Length: 160mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 59mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 144 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getBeautiful blue fibre boxes with the Masakage logo and name in silver foil on the lid. On the inside you will find a blue stepped inlay and your beautiful knife of course, wrapped in Japanese newspaper by the craftsmen who made it.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.