Kato-san's damascus knives are stunning and his skill is clear to see at first glance but the more you look, the more you're going to fall in love with the completely unique pattern on each one.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 174mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 314mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.88mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 133 grams
- Core Steel: SG2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Honduran rosewood wa handle or custom Western handle.
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 9156
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.