Lightweight and thinner than a typical honesuki, the HAP40's durability and edge retention will help you work through pieces of meat with ease.
- Blade Length: 150mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 275mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.92mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 37.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 77 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: HAP40
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 64-65 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut
Product SKU: 9002
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Hatsukokoro Seki City
Made in Seki City, Japan the HAP40 is a machine stamped blade that benefits from the attention to detail of a hand sharpening and finishing process .