Forged by master blacksmith Itsuo Doi for Sakai Takayuki it's a powerful feeling and stylish nakiri with an excellent convex grind, intricate and detailed hand hammered finish and is a knife very much for those who like a feeling of weight!
This nakiri is made in a less common "Higashigata" shape which feautures a more rounded profile and shorter at the heel and typically taller at the tip end of the knife. The heel measurement is 48.3mm and increases to 54.9mm at the tip.
The knife is sold with a magnolia saya designed specifically for it included in the price.
- Blade Length: 163mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 48.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.53mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 232 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Burnt Finish Octagonal Urushi Oak
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SAK-0016-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Itsuo Doi for Sakai Takayuki
For more than 50 years, Doi San has been making top class knives.