Made in small batches by hand in a small forge, every one of the super versatile small santoku knives has a slightly different finish and is unique in the mottled pattern and how the exposed layers of steel taper down to the high polish cutting edge.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 133mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 249mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 37.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.7mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 106 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Western
- Handle Material: Pakka or mahogany wood in various colours
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MASU-019
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.