Incredible looks and finish with a versatile kiritsuke shape and slightly taller profile than many, this mid-large gyuto is a superb all rounder and a top class knife from Nakagawa-san.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 243mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 405mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.45mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 231 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 63±1 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Ebony and white buffalo horn
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SAT-0007-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Satoshi-san is a highly skilled blacksmith who trained and worked under master Kenichi Shiraki until his retirement at which point he took up the reins closing Shiraki knives and starting a new chapter.