A beautiful and well balanced bunka with an intricate and unique damascus finish running the length of the blade tapering down to a stylish final layer of dark grey matte on the impressively sharp cutting edge.
The bunka is a great shape and offers versatility across a wide range of meat, fish and vegetable prep jobs and at 200mm, it's a perfect all rounder.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 202mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 341mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.8mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 45mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 161 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Pakka wood
- Restock Time: 4-8 weeks Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 8004
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Based in Seki City - home of Japanese sword and knife making for more than 800 years, Suncraft have specialised in knives and kitchen tools for generations.