A very affordable range that offers great looks and a famously well ground edge that would be a perfect introduction to the look and feel of Japanese knives at a price we sometimes can't believe!
- Blade Length: 163mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 55mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 123 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Blue Steel #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.