A very affordable range that offers great looks and a famously well ground edge that would be a perfect introduction to the look and feel of Japanese knives at a price we sometimes can't believe!
- Blade Length: 163mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 45.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.39mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.51mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.54mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 123 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia (light) with plastic bolster or octagonal (dark) pakka
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1201
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.