A very affordable range that offers great looks and a famously well ground edge that would be a perfect introduction to the look and feel of Japanese knives at a price we sometimes can't believe!
- Blade Length: 163mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 55mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 123 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia (light) with plastic bolster or octagonal (dark) pakka
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1201
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.