If you cook a lot of veggies then the nakiri is the one for you. Tall and flat with an aggressive distal taper for food release ideal for slicing and then scooping your veg into the pot.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 304mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.00mm (Spine width above the heel) 1.86mm (Measured halfway along spine) 0.88mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval rosewood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KAJ-0003
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
A third generation master blacksmith from Tosa, Kajiwara is noted for his skill and ability using traditional methods that create long lasting and vary sharp knives.