A super all rounder and great looking mid-sized gyuto perfect for use across a wide range of jobs, a great first knife for those looking for a reactive steel.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 210mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 360mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 48.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 165 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak with black buffalo bolster
Product SKU: 12104
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
These knives are made by a 3rd generation blacksmith for Hatsukokoro, due the blacksmith's other partnerships we can't list their name here .It's a blacksmith we're already familiar with and admire their work and skill gained from many years of knife making.