A mid sized petty from the excellent Sakai Takayuki Super Blue range, this one this one will be a go-to knife for many jobs in your kitchen.
- Blade Length: 140mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 275mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 28.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 75 grams
- Sharpness score: 114 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 65 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal Japanese Zelkova wood and mahogany handle
- Restock Time: 2 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.