A mid sized petty from the excellent Sakai Takayuki Super Blue range, this one this one will be a go-to knife for many jobs in your kitchen.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 140mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 275mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 28.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Super Blue Steel
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 65 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal Japanese Zelkova wood and mahogany handle
Product SKU: 1154
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.