An excellent value all rounder made with an superb steel and out of the box sharpness and one we'd recommend as an ideal first Japanese knife or addition to an existing collection.
- Blade Length: 167mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 313mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 138 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 65 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal Japanese Zelkova wood and mahogany handle
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.