Sabaki means 'handling' in Japanese and in this case the Sabaki knife is used primarily for handling and removing the meat from bones (but not cutting through them) easily and quickly.
Its sturdy construction and varied lengths make it a very useful addition to the kitchen if you are regularly working with meat. You can get in and around the carcass with ease and accuracy.
- Blade Length: 150mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Blue Steel #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Magnolia (light) with plastic bolster or octagonal (dark) pakka
- Restock Time: Up to 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 1207
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.