The newest edition to the ZDP-189 range, this nakiri is a lovely example.
With a bit more of a veg bias than the gyuto knife the santoku can do most things (no really hard veg or bones though!) and you'll find it becomes invaluable.
The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 317mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 48mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 137 grams
- Core Steel: ZDP-189
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 66-67 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Various - Typically either octagonal walnut or oval rosewood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2252
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.