Light as a feather and with a distinctive carbon blade this knife is a delight to use as well as to look at.
The Santoku blade shape will be new to a lot of Westerners but once you've used it you'll see that it make a lot of sense. Santoku literally translates to "3 uses" (slicing, dicing and mincing) which makes it a perfect all round choice and an essential in any kitchen.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Blade height: 46mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 122 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).