A brilliant all rounder from one of Japan's most respected blacksmiths.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 312mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.35mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 50mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 155 grams
- Core Steel: SKD
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal wenge (custom handles also available)
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: YOS-0007
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing and this range of knives are forged by the 4th generation head of the factory Kazuomi Yamamoto.