Looking for a high quality and trusty sidekick for every job then this definitely fits the bill! It hits all the positive notes in a gyuto - well balanced, excellent sharpness right of the box and looks wonderful.
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 397mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4.35mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 194 grams
- Sharpness score: 115 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal wenge
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing.