A superbly finished right handed, single bevel sakimaru yanagiba for making long, single clean slices while preparing sashimi.
- Blade Length: 330mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 490mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.85mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 32.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 232 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62±1 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak or wenge with black buffalo horn
- Left or Right handed: Right only (Single Bevel)
Product SKU: 11705
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Unfortunately due to the length of this blade, we don't currently have any guards or saya that fit so we would recommend storing this either in the presentation box or on a magnetic rack.
While not ideal, it's not uncommon for protecting longer knives like this to combine a sujihiki and petty sized blade guard if you wanted to store it in a drawer using blade guards.
Myojin Riki Seisakusho
Made by Tamura Tooru at Myojin Riki Seisakusho for Hatsukokoro.