A superbly finished right handed, single bevel sakimaru yanagiba for making long, single clean slices while preparing sashimi.
- Blade Length: 330mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 490mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 32.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.85mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 232 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62±1 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak or wenge with black buffalo horn and limited colourways
- Left or Right handed: Right only (Single Bevel)
Product SKU: 11705
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Unfortunately due to the length of this blade, we don't currently have any guards or saya that fit so we would recommend storing this either in the presentation box or on a magnetic rack.
While not ideal, it's not uncommon for protecting longer knives like this to combine a sujihiki and petty sized blade guard if you wanted to store it in a drawer using blade guards.
Myojin Riki Seisakusho
Made by Tamura Tooru at Myojin Riki Seisakusho for Hatsukokoro.