The petty is a versatile every day knife and when one looks and cuts as well as this you'll be wondering how you lived without it.
This knife is sold with a Konosuke wooden saya designed specifically to fit included in the price.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 156mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 300mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 31.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.08mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.30mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.51mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 84 grams
- Core Steel: SLD
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 65 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D shaped burnt chestnut
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KONO-001
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
A craftsman from the Fukushima Prefecture, Nihei trained for years in Sanjo to develop his skills. As is customary from that region, this means Nihei is responsible for all the forging, sharpening, and engraving on his knives.