Excellent out of the box sharpness coupled with a beautiful kurouchi (blacksmith) finish make this a knife that will really stand out in the kitchen both in looks and performance.
The gyuto shape of knife is suitable for most tasks in the kitchen, translating to 'cow sword' it will tackle meat as well as veg prep. It comes in slightly over-sized at around 216mm (being hand-made this can vary slightly) with good knuckle clearance and the balance point is about perfect using a pinch grip.
The profile of the knife is different to the GS+ range, there is a much longer flat spot towards the back before it sweeps up to the tip.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 365mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 137 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.