A classic Japanese vegetable knife design - The flat, wide blade is perfect for slicing cleanly and showing off that incredible patterned finish.
Typical shaped blade for a Nakiri, if you've never used one before buy one! They are a wonderful addition to any kitchen.
They look amazing and perform even better which just makes cooking a pure joy, I sometimes chop extra veg just so I can keep using it.
The squared off tip gives you great confidence in using it as its much harder to do yourself any damage so holding onions, etc while you do some delicate thin slicing is much safer.
- Blade Length: 210mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 40mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 165 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Knife making is in Anryu-san's blood. A fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years.