A stunning santoku from Mutsumi san, this will be a firm favourite in your collection in no time!
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 184mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 329mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.25mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 167 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval burnt chestnut with black buffalo ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 12002
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Mutsumi Hinoura is a 4th generation blacksmith working with his famous father Tsukasa in the family workshop and is well regarded and respected for his own skill and style and the quality of his knives which are forged by hand using traditional techniques using his considerable experience gained over more than 20 years