Awesome value for money and a great all rounder!
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 173mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 295mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.28mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 101 grams
- Core Steel: VG5
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 59-60 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Western
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SHIB-001
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Made in Seki City, Shibamasa knives are impressive in their value for money and quality level and an ideal entry point into the world of Japanese knives.