Strikingly bold looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
- Blade Length: 172mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 142 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).