Strikingly bold looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
- Blade Length: 172mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 142 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Product SKU: 1611
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).