Light as a feather and with a distinctive carbon blade this knife is a delight to use as well as to look at.
About as large a chef knife as you might need, the long blade performs very well working with bigger bits of food like potato or cuts of meat as the longer blade glides through in one pass rather than needing more back and forth which can sometimes be time consuming and inefficient when prepping your food.
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 403mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.7mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 51mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 199 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).