The Shimo petty 150mm is a precision Japanese knife perfect for fiddly jobs like chopping onions, garlic and soft fruit.
- Blade Length: 148mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 280mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 31mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 62 grams
- Sharpness score: 116 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.