Strikingly bold looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 325mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 43mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 125 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal cherry wood with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1605
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).