Light as a feather and with a distinctive carbon blade this knife is a delight to use as well as to look at.
About as large a chef knife as you might need, the long blade performs very well working with bigger bits of food like potato or cuts of meat as the longer blade glides through in one pass rather than needing more back and forth which can sometimes be time consuming and inefficient when prepping your food.
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 403mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 51mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 199 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal cherry wood with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1607
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).