Forged in the workshop of Shigeki Tanaka the migaki finish tapers all the way down to the cutting edge and highlights the kanji on both sides of the blade beautifully.
- Blade Length: 240mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8103
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.