A very well balanced carving knife with a wickedly sharp edge and profile. Longer and thinner than a Gyuto the design allows you to cut through meat in a single stroke to avoid ripping leaving you with better, cleaner cuts.
- Blade Length: 272mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 429mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 41mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 167 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.
What you getBeautiful blue fibre boxes with the Masakage logo and name in silver foil on the lid. On the inside you will find a blue stepped inlay and your beautiful knife of course, wrapped in Japanese newspaper by the craftsmen who made it.
Questions & Answers
Have a question about this product?
Be the first to ask a question about this.