A beautiful carving knife with an excellent finish and edge perfect for long slices.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 270mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 424mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.24mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 36.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 157 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval magnolia with red pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2212
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Yoshimi Kato is a highly skilled blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village and makes a number of different knife ranges under his own name and for other brands such as Masakage.