Completely hand-made in white #1 steel with a soft iron cladding this funayuki has a classic kurouchi finish that will develop a beautiful patina with use over time.
It's a versatile knife and is a great example of Nishida san's skill creating knives entirely by hand in the classic way and with its excellent ability to take and retain a fantastic edge you'll be reaching for this one time and again.
- Blade Length: 151mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 277mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 40.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.4mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: NISH-004
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.