Supremely understated, the sandblasted finish of the cladding steel gives a satin look that offsets the high polish of the cutting edge to create a classic looking Japanese knife.
There's a lot to like about Jikko knives and the White #2 range is a strong example of their eye for subtle design and performance.
- Blade Length: 168mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 317mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.8mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 43mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 121 grams
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getThe White #2 range is packaged in a red protective cardboard presentation box and each blade is wrapped in anti-corrosion paper and a then pages of the Japanese newspaper from the day it was finished and boxed up by the blacksmith.
Established in Sakai in 1901, Jikko's blacksmiths have a long history of designing and creating high quality knives that marry subtle design and excellent edge retention.