Slightly different to the normal petty shape in that it has a reverse tanto tip like a bunka, this is called 'kiritsuke' (literally 'split open') and is really useful for intricate tip work.
The petty is a great addition to your knife collection, this one is a decent length making it perfect for on the board work for small veg such as onion, peppers, garlic and herbs.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 137mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 270mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 30.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 73 grams
- Core Steel: HAP40
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 67-68 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal magnolia with black buffalo horn or "Tottori Sand" maple burl
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: YSH-002
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.