The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp and the mid-sized gyuto here is an incredible knife in every respect.
HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
- Blade Length: 235mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 390mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 48mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 140 grams
- Core Steel: HD2 Semi Stainless
- Cladding Steel: HD2 Semi Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal one-piece laurel wood from Studio Khii
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1403
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.