Thin, light and a classic construction. This nakiri glides through veg prep like a boss.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 167mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 311mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 53mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4.67mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 155 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Keyaki with black plastic bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KYO-0004
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
A young emerging blacksmith from Tosa, Shindo san already had several years experience in blade making before working independently and is undoubtedly one of the new wave of Japanese blacksmiths you'll hear more about in future.