This is the largest of the gyutos we stock in this range, and it's a beast!
With the fabulous swirling cloud like pattern on this blade and the delightful handle this is simply sex in a knife. Each blade is unique and hand made in Japan in small batches.
Its VG10 steel core is very hard to make and as a result only the best metal smiths are allowed to make this knife. Super sharp, sexy, beautiful and an amazing tool in the kitchen.
- Blade Length: 271mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 433mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.7mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 57mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 193 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Knife making is in Anryu-san's blood. A fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years.